AFAP is a stand-up comedy competition featuring ten (10) hilarious apartment professionals from various management companies. These funny people compete live on-stage in front of 500+ industry leaders to find out who is Atlanta’s Funniest Apartment Professional.
If you would like to perform or submit a performer, please contact us here.
A unique opportunity to connect with Atlanta’s apartment community through laughter.
"There is little success where there is little laughter."
“Our industry is overflowing with incredibly talented people,” Atlanta Apartment Association vice president Russ Webb said. “This will easily be one of the most memorable nights in Atlanta apartment history.”
AFAP is a fundraiser for Georgia Apartment Industry Education Foundation.
“We always preach to students that the multifamily industry is the best place to start your career because of its people,” GAIEF coordinator Lisa Russo said. “This event showcasing the funniest professionals in our field is such a great way to attract new talent.”
See our press release here!
WHEN & WHERE IS THIS AWESOMENESS?
The Fabulous Fox Theater
Egyptian Ballroom & Grand Salon
Saturday, February 10, 2018
6:00-8:00 pm - Dinner and Networking/Socializing
8:00-9:30 pm - SHOWTIME!
9:30-10:30 pm - Post Show Networking/Socializing
(This is the 'Magic Hour' filled with excitement.)
Atlanta Apartment Association vice president Russ Webb said: “Our industry is overflowing with incredibly talented people. Atlanta's Funniest Apartment Professional will easily be one of the most memorable nights in Atlanta apartment history.”
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Humor Wins produces this event working closely with performers and sponsors to create one of the most memorable nights for Atlanta’s apartment community.
All OM contestants are sponsored.
– Make this wise investment in your team and one of your star associates.
– Or we can help pair OM contestants with vendor sponsors.
The OM then selects their ‘office comedian.’
– Most people say, “Oh, we know exactly who should do this show!”
– Don’t be surprised to find ‘performing stand-up’ on many people’s bucket list.
- And don't keep all that talent contained in your office... share it with the industry.
Humor Wins then works directly with the performers to develop and rehearse their material. We have professional writers from Comedy Central, Conan, etc. strengthen and refine the performers’ jokes.
– We follow our ‘Humor Rules’ to ensure that all comedy is corporate appropriate for the apartment community, the individuals and sponsors involved.
Humor Wins does all the heavy lifting
Humor Wins produces a professional comedy show and handles the entire event, including:
- coordination between sponsors and management companies
- venue procurement
- professional photography and video
- professional comedy writing and coaching the performers
- marketing materials
- logos placed on banners in red carpet area
- providing a professional MC and closing comedian
- and much more
Return on Investment
Atlanta’s Funniest Apartment Professional is promoted to:
10,000+ apartment professionals
2,000+ active OM employees
1,000+ personal invitations
500+ attendees to the show
We have a social hour before and after the comedy show to capitalize on the excitement of the night.
This event is marketed to the entire apartment industry before, during and after the event using:
and video of the event with company sponsor logos.
WHY DO THIS EVENT?
AFAP is your chance to perform stand-up comedy in front of a very friendly audience using professional comedy writers. Your performance is four-to-five minutes long and the audiences are so happy to see their peers on stage that if your joke is a four, they respond with like it's a seven. We promise, this will be one of the best nights of your life.
If you win, you get prize money and a trophy that shows you are Atlanta's Funniest Apartment Professional. Either way, you will accomplish something amazing that most people only dream about
AFAP is a high-energy evening designed to bring your whole team together. Imagine you, your colleagues, and/or your clients spending an evening eating, drinking and laughing together. You want your company to be represented by one of the ten (10) performers entertaining them.
Even without having your own performer, you want to show your people a good time doing something different and exciting.
Trophies are given to the performer, their sponsor, and their OM. You can proudly display this trophy in your office to let everyone know you have Atlanta's Funniest Apartment Professional.
Grabbing the attention of the apartment community requires ideas that are truly unique, fun and fresh.
Atlanta’s Funniest Apartment Professional is an opportunity for sponsors to make a high impact with management companies by providing them one of the most memorable nights in their company’s history. Sponsor this event and you will have personal assistance throughout to ensure maximum return on your investment. Dozens of prominent companies are already on board, are you?
One of our goals for this exciting evening is to build ‘Community Through Comedy’ because…
“Laughter is the closest distance between two people.”
– Victor Borge
“Laughter destroys any kind of system of dividing people.”
– John Cleese
“The moment a person laughs, they are never more themselves.”
– George Carlin
FACT: Laughter creates a positive emotional connection to your brand.
Sponsoring 'Atlanta's Funniest Apartment Professional' gives you a highly-impactful positive brand association by giving your clients and prospects an amazing night of laughs... without telling one joke!
‘Performer Package’ - Only 3 of 10 currently available.
Whether you are a management company looking for a fun team event to support one of your stars, or an industry vendor looking to deepen a partnership with an existing client, this unique package provides the best ROI of any sponsorship that’s come before it. There are many other ways to sponsor, but take a hard look at this opportunity first:
Currently, we have 3 of 10 performer packages remaining.
- Sponsors have one performer from an OM:
- All promotions for that performer says ‘Presented by (sponsor).’
- Logo on display during contestant's performance.
- Sponsors have 20 tickets (two ten-top tables) for the event:
- Each ticket comes with dinner and two premium drink tickets.
- Table signage as ‘Table sponsored by (Sponsor).’
- Full-page ad in the playbill showcasing Sponsor and their performer.
- Professional comedy posters are sent to participating OMs, vendors, & apartment communities and displayed in the months leading up to the event.
- See a picture of the Performer Poster here.
- Social media:
- Multi-platforms and fully customized.
- Before, during and after the event.
- Sponsor’s logo is included in all media promoting performers.
- Sponsor recognition from the stage.
- Pictures and video from the event & a group photo on stage.
- Opportunity to provide one promotional item in the gift bag.
- A chance to win trophy and bragging rights for:
‘Atlanta’s Funniest Apartment Professional’
- Trophy is given to performer, OM and sponsor
- First right of refusal for following year.
For further sponsorship opportunities, please contact us here.
Jeremy is a partner at Grassco Landscape Management & volunteers on multiple committees for AAA.
Grassco has been an active member of the apartment community since 1990 and is on a mission to exceed expectations & strengthen relationships.
WHO IS BEHIND THIS AWESOMENESS?
Owner, Laughing Skull Lounge and Humor Wins
Owner/Producer, Laughing Skull Comedy Festival
Performed over 1000 comedy shows
Author of "Your Presentation is a Joke: Using Humor To Maximize Your Impact"
Former VP, West Coast Sales at Facebook
600+ comedy performances
Writer for Huffington Post Comedy
Author of "You Should Totally Get an MBA: A Comedian’s Guide to Top U.S. Business Schools"
WHAT DO OUR CLIENTS SAY?
“The 22Laughs comedy show produced by Humor Wins was the best events in our company's history.”
- CHRIS TUFF, 22SQUARED, EVP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The 'Laugh Your Ads Off' comedy show produced by Humor Wins made for a really fun night that showcased our talent and brought the entire team closer together. We liked it so much, we are doing our 3rd one August 2018!”
- JUSTIN ARCHER, MOXIE USA, CMO